Happy World “BirthDay”
- My problem is with remembering birthdays
- My problem is with expressing genuine happiness in it being someones birthday.
Its kind of a weird thing, making that birthday wish phone call, even to the best of friends. Its one of those eeeeeyho type things, and theres so much relief once you are done with it. I dont know if there are others who feel this too.
- I mean … its someone or the others birthday everyday
- Why cant we all individually allot one day in a year where we can legitimately call everyone we know and wish them a very advanced or belated happy birthday.
- We can express true happiness of the event of the birth of that friend and give genuine wishes for a wonderful next year and many wonderful more such years to follow.
- This way its just one day we need to remember in a year and on that day you can call and wish as many people as you possibly can.
- So we switch the deal around and instead of me calling you on your birthday, i will call you + everyone i know on a random day that i have chosen. Do this instead of remembering many birthdays. This way i cold just randomly call and wish you on a day and close the deal for the year.
- It would be more interesting for the receivers too, cos suddenly on a random day you will get a gift and a nice message etc.
- This is so much better than the current system where you really expect everyone to call you and if someone forgets then you get offended and also there are discussions about your age and all that nonsense. In this new concept age is no criteria, its not about how old or young you are – its communication of pure happiness and joy of your birth into this world. It can be on any day.
- And as your facebook friends list crosses 365+ you wont have to call and wish almost one person per day, thereby turning the whole wishing thing into a daily routine like brushing your teeth. It gets so mundane and mechanical..wake up brush your teeth, have coffee, check whose bday it is, call and wish. – Then you’ll have to keep making up new and unique types of wishes for everyone, everyday
- Maybe we can we have one common day dedicated to celebrating everyones birth day
- Maybe this can be once in 4 years, so we can combine it with the opening ceremony of the Olympics and we have a real blast giving gifts and major partying and all
- Stop this whole concept of one happy birthday per person, instead make a big bang of it on just one day, where the whole world celebrates Happy-World-Birthday and everyone around the world, in offices, college/school, families, friends etc etc buy gifts and wish each other a happy belated or advanced birthday depending on weather your birthday has gone by or yet to come for that year.
- Now for the most important part – Because I came up with this idea and cos i’m sort of a selfish bastard id like happy world-birthday to be celebrated on my Birthday 5th of June
- So ladies and Gentlemen, please wipe off all those hundreds of birthdays from your calendars and facebooks etc etc and just mark one day that is 5th June and pick up the phone and call everyone you know and wish them a Belated or Advanced birthday…. and be done with it for the whole year.
….and dont forget to call me